All references to Swimtime UK Ltd shall include the appointed Swimtime regional franchise office as determined by Swimtime UK Ltd.
Course fees for private (1:1 or 1:2) or group lessons vary from club to club. For specific details please refer to your local Swimtime Booking Office. All fees must be paid in advance of the start date of a course. Swimmers will not be allowed to participate in any swimming lessons until the fees are paid in full. Fees may be paid in accordance with the terms as discussed with Swimtime UK Ltd or its appointed franchise office. Such fees may include additional charges for the processing of credit cards, debit cards, cheques, direct debits, cash or any other method as advised. Any lessons paid for, but not taken within a period of 12 months will be deemed to have been taken at which time there will be no refund offered.
In locations, where there is a club membership available, non-members are required to pay a “non-member” course fee for lessons. You will be advised of this when making your booking. The member who registers a swimmer with Swimtime must bring the child to the lesson.
Cancellations and refund policy
Private lesson(s): Swimtime tuition may be cancelled without charge by giving not less than 24 hours’ notice either to the teacher or to the Swimtime booking office. Please note (i) that a message left on an answer phone or voicemail is not considered as satisfactory notice; and (ii) that the Swimtime offices are closed at weekends). Notice of a cancellation of a private lesson within 24 hours of the start of that lesson will result in the full fee being due or deducted from any credit balance as appropriate. Any lessons paid for, but not taken within a period of 12 months will be deemed to have been taken at which time there will be no refund offered. In the event of Swimtime or its chosen representative cancelling a private lesson, an alternative day will be offered.
Group courses: Prior to the commencement of a course of lessons Swimtime tuition may be cancelled without charge by giving not less than 24 hours’ notice either to the teacher or to the Swimtime booking office. Please note (i) that a message left on an answer phone or voicemail is not considered as satisfactory notice; and (ii) that the Swimtime offices are closed at weekends). Notice of a cancellation of a course within 24 hours of the commencement of that course of lessons will result in the full fee being due or deducted from any credit balance as appropriate. Once a course has commenced, no refund is permitted in the event of cancellation.
In the event of Swimtime or its chosen representative cancelling a group lesson, an alternative day will be offered to the entire class for a “catch-up” lesson. If the pool is not available for such a lesson an alternative pool may be offered. If no other pool is available for such tuition a credit or refund for the lesson which has been cancelled will be offered at the discretion of the Swimtime franchise owner.
A “Non-Member Course Fee” is not linked to the cost of a lesson. In the event of a refund of a lesson fee, the non-member course fee, or part thereof, will not be refunded.
Cancellation policies can vary within individual Swimtime regions, so you are advised to check with your local Swimtime office for further details.
Adverse Weather Conditions
Unfortunately, in this country, we are often on the receiving end of some really bad weather. Heavy rain, gale force winds, snow, ice, etc! This can sometimes result in a pool being closed because the operator’s staff can’t get to work. If this happens, we will let you know with as much notice as possible. A credit will be applied to your account or if possible a catch-up lesson will be offered. But if the pool is open, our lessons should go ahead. In this case we won’t be able to credit any missed lessons if you decide not to come.
Swimtime provides every swimmer with a Medical Form. It is attached to the swimmer registration documents. This form must be completed and signed declaring any known medical conditions and returned to the local Swimtime office. If the swimmer is under 16 years of age their parent or guardian should complete the medical form on their behalf.
Adult swimmers, parents and carers of swimmers under 16, are reminded that it is their responsibility to supply medical information to Swimtime office staff. This information must be updated every 12 months and when there are any changes to a swimmer’s medical condition.
Swimtime UK Ltd will not accept liability for the loss of or damage to any personal effects brought by a swimmer to any session and you are therefore requested to ensure that no valuable items are brought to the swimming lessons.
Swimmers, parents, guardians, siblings or all other associates, must observe the club entry rules and respect all other club rules whilst in the club. Club staff shall retain the right to refuse admission. It is imperative that swimmers are on poolside no more than 5 minutes before the commencement of each lesson and (in the case of child swimmers) should be collected from the pool no more than 5 minutes after the lesson has ended. No child will be released until they are collected by an appointed responsible adult. The responsible adult must remain in the club premises for the duration of the lesson. No refund or “catch-up lesson” will be offered by Swimtime where a child fails to attend or is refused permission to attend any sessions unless with the prior agreement with Swimtime UK Ltd.
Swimtime, only work with Independent Swimming Teachers who are fully qualified, insured, and have current Enhanced DBS Disclosure from England and Wales, Disclosure Scotland and Access Northern Ireland.
Swimtime will endeavour to provide consistency with teachers on a week to week basis for the instruction of Group & 1-1 Lessons. The suitability and subsequent appointment of a teacher shall be at the absolute discretion of Swimtime at all times. Should a teacher start to teach a course but fail to complete the full course of lessons, which have been paid for, this will not constitute grounds for full or part refund of fees as long as Swimtime find a suitable replacement teacher to teach the remainder of the course. Should Swimtime not be able to find a suitable replacement teacher, a credit will be offered towards the cost of a future course once a suitable teacher has been found. It remains at the absolute discretion of Swimtime to offer the alternative of a refund in such circumstances.
In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, or behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff, or any other person or causing damage to pool premises, or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. Swimtime UK Ltd shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by Swimtime UK Ltd.
Condition of pool premises
Whilst Swimtime UK Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the condition of the pool premises including the changing rooms, washing facilities, the pool and poolside area are in suitable condition, they do not accept liability for any injury to a swimmer which may be caused by any defect and further advise that any claim arising from such a defect must be addressed to the proprietors of the pool premises.
Transmission of infections
Any swimmer known to be or found to be suffering from any infectious ailment or condition will not be allowed to participate in the lesson and it is the responsibility of each swimmer or (in the case of a child swimmer) the parent or guardian of the swimmer to ensure that the swimmer is fit and well enough to participate. Swimtime UK Ltd will not accept liability for any infection passed to a swimmer by another swimmer on the course or in the pool.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No swimmer should enter the Pool Area without a member of Swimtime UK Ltd staff being already present.
- There must be no food or drink in any of the pool facilities. Swimmers, siblings, parents and guardians are expected to observe the club’s no smoking policy.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn on poolside. If you wish to speak to your child’s swimming teacher please either remove shoes and socks or put on shoe covers provided, before you go onto poolside. This clause is in accordance with the club’s own health and safety policy which allows for no exceptions.
- It is forbidden under all circumstances to use mobile phones and/ or audio visual equipment in the changing rooms. Signs clearly state this policy. It is forbidden under normal circumstances to use mobile phones and/or audio visual equipment whilst on poolside. No mobile phones and/ or audio visual equipment of any kind are allowed during swimming lessons.
- Club facilities are only available to be used by club members in accordance with club rules.
By accepting these terms & conditions you agree to allow Swimtime Central Office to contact you directly from time to time with news of their promotions or offers which may or may not be applicable to you. An unsubscribe facility will be provided should you chose to opt out of this service”
Swimtime UK Ltd and the pool owners can not accept any responsibility for any incident that was the sole responsibility of the swimming teacher in charge of the class or lesson in which the incident occurred. Full liability, in such cases, is with the teacher delivering the lesson.
Swimtime (UK) Ltd.
Manchester Business Park
3000 Aviator Way
Manchester M22 5TG
Swimtime UK Ltd is a Franchise Support Centre and does not exist for the resolution of customer disputes.
In case of any dispute, please write to us at the above address. Your correspondence will be forwarded to the appropriate Swimtime Franchise Office who are responsible for all aspects of Customer Service within their franchise areas.
- The content of all of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither Swimtime UK Ltd nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and material may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from Swimtime UK Ltd.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Unauthorised use of this website or any content therein may give rise to a claim for damages against you and/or may be a criminal offence.
- Any dispute arising out of use of the website is subject to and governed by the laws of England and Wales.