“Terri Collier - Swimtime Surrey”
"I feel disappointed not to have won, however I have gained a lot of experience from the process and will be keen to enter more awards in the future".
So why enter a business award?
Well it varies from person to person, business to business. Here are a few common reasons why people enter Awards :-
- Recognition of your efforts – it’s always good to have your hard work and efforts recognised.
- Taking yourself out of your comfort zone – not everyone enjoys the lime light, however, if you allow yourself to feel uncomfortable, it can result in you growing as a person, and help you in your business and in life generally.
- Feel good factor – being a finalist or winner can help boost morale, for instance, and increase motivation, not just your own but also those around you.
- Marketing Opportunity – whilst there is often a fee associated to an award submission, the benefits in terms of marketing opportunities as a result of the award, far out weigh the cost, making it an effective way of getting your and the business name out there.
- Validation – being a finalist or winner of an Award is confirmation that whatever you are doing, you must be doing it well, which can result in attracting more custom and help with recruitment.
- Benchmarking – the process for entering a business award can often force you to look at your business from a different perspective, help you think about ways you could be doing things better and identify areas for improvement.
- Networking – even with online Award ceremonies there are still opportunities to network with other entrants and winners.
If you wish to contact Swimtime for help, remember you can always visit our dedicated Support Centre and reach our friendly team.